Note: “Globally Harmonized System (GHS)" training is no longer a seperate training, it has been included with the Hazard Communication program.
All Ohio State University employees are required to complete training on “Hazard Communication". This training is mandatory, even for personnel who do not work in a laboratory or handle hazardous materials. Both of these mandatory trainings can be done on-line and will not take very long to complete. The reason OSU’s Office of Environmental Health and Safety is asking this be done on-line, is to be efficient in documenting those who have participated. All faculty and staff are encouraged to complete the trainings to comply with the State Public Employment Risk Reduction Program (PERRP) and the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazard Communication Program (“Employee Right-to-Know”).
To Complete The Training:
1) Click on this link - http://www.ehs.osu.edu/Training/Default.aspx
2) Cick on “EHS Online Login Page” located in the center of the page.
3) Sign in using your osu.edu e-mail address. Once you have signed in a new web page should pop up.
4) Click on “EHS Online Training.”
5) You will see a Program Listing bar with a drop down menu labeled “Area” under it.
6) Click on the“Area” drop down menu (under the “Program Listing” bar), and choose the “Occupational Health and Safety” tab. Another drop down menu labeled “Program” will appear next to the one labeled “Area”.
7) Click on the “Program” drop down menu (also under the Program Listing bar) and choose “Hazard Communication (CFR1910.1200)” tab.
8) Click on “Begin Training Program” in the lower left part of the box to start the training.
Please remember that the “GHS Classifying and Labeling of Chemicals” training is now included in the “Hazard Communication (HazComm)” training.
Reviewed / Updated: 5/6/15 K. McGuire