Stop out to the Molly Caren Agricultural Center September 19-21 to catch the farm safety displays and demonstrations brought to you by The Ohio State University’s Agricultural Safety and Health Program. You can find us in several places within OSU Central, but predominantly located on Kottman St. and Land Ave. Here is a line-up of this year’s activities:
The Grain C.A.R.T. (Comprehensive Agricultural Rescue Trailer) – Kottman Street
- Daily demonstrations / programing at 10:00 am, 11:00 am, and 12:00 pm.
AgrAbility tent – Land Ave between Kottman Street and Market Street
- Daily Farm modifications workshops:
10 am Tractor modifications & upgrades
Cameras, monitors, tractor seats, steps and more
11 am Shop and Barn Modifications
LED lights, automated doors and gates, ergonomic tools and modified workspace
- Daily Professional Development workshops
1:30 pm: Ohio AgrAbility Program - Education, Assessment and Outreach
Ohio AgrAbility program referrals, work process, program information, partnerships, educational opportunities, and client-based Universal Design solutions. Open workshop for Extension, Rural Health, Disability professionals and community advocates.
- Vendors on display - Life Essentials, K & M Equipment, Power EZ, McCabe Equipment, disABILITY Work Tools, Propel Doors, and MC Mobility
New exhibits inside the Power Show building – corner of Kottman and Land Ave
- Farm Safety Scene hazard hunt
- ATV roll protection bar and helmets for UTV’s
- Safety in Agriculture for Youth (SAY) project will offer a free bottle of water for information about how youth are hired in agriculture.
Universal Design Garage – inside the McCormick Building
- Interactive Universal Design (UD) house & garage highlight the increased safety, efficiency and ease of use from applying UD principles to your living and work spaces. Solutions, examples, and tools for incorporating UD principles into your farmstead, worksite and garage.
Utzinger Gardens – Friday Avenue
- Take in the beauty of the gardens while learning ways to stay fit and active with gardening tips from the Ohio AgrAbility program Gardening with Arthritis presentation Tuesday and Thursday at 10 am.
Small Farms Center Building – Corner of Equipment Ave. and Beef St.
- Gardening and Farming with Arthritis - It doesn't have to hurt - Wednesday at 10:30 am